Skip to main content

Steve Nash calls Khris Middleton's foul on Bruce Brown 'dangerous,' Kevin Durant objects to 'reckless' play


 


NEW YORK -- In the middle of the fourth quarter of the Milwaukee Bucks' 120-119 overtime win over the Brooklyn Nets on Thursday, an exciting game took a frightening turn when Khris Middleton fouled Bruce Brown on a breakaway dunk. Middleton was assessed a flagrant-2 foul and ejected.


It happened after Giannis Antetokounmpo tried to drop off a pass to Jrue Holiday and Brown stole it, then took off the other way. Brown slowed down, Middleton caught up and Middleton fouled Brown in mid-air. Brown crashed to the ground in dangerous fashion, and, after a replay review, it was ruled a flagrant-2. 


"I thought the Middleton play was risky," Nets coach Steve Nash said. "A guy has left his feet and you're coming behind; if you grab the arm, that's a very dangerous play. Unfortunate. I don't think Khris is a dirty player at all, but that is a dangerous play."


Khris Middleton was ejected after this foul.



Brown said he saw Middleton behind him before he took off. 


"I didn't think he was gonna grab me out the air," Brown said," but it's cool. It was just a hard foul. I'm good." 


After the foul, Brown remained in the game. He said that he feels "fine" and "just bruised a bone in my wrist." Asked if it was a basketball play, Brown said, "It's a hard foul. He wasn't trying to -- I mean, it's an open dunk. I mean, I wouldn't do it, but I don't care. It's fine."


Kevin Durant was less diplomatic when it came to the foul that caused his own uncomfortable landing. Late in overtime, the Bucks' Wesley Matthews fouled Durant on a corner 3, contesting the shot from the side and falling into Durant's leg. Durant was awarded three free throws, but he said it wasn't called a flagrant foul because of a technicality: Durant had just landed, so Matthews was not invading his landing space.   


"We all thought that was reckless," Durant said. "Right? But I think technically, like, I have to be in the air and if come down on his foot, then that's the flagrant. But he can run into my leg, though. A split second before, you know what I mean, as I was coming down, I might have hit the floor -- and then as soon as I hit the floor, here he comes running at my leg. You know? But it wasn't a contest. I thought it was supposed to be a flagrant, but technically I didn't make the correct play to get a flagrant. I was supposed to still be in the air while he's underneath me."



Durant continued: "I'm hurting. That's two games in a row a player has walked up underneath me when I'm trying to make a basketball play. So my ankle's hurt."


He clarified that he does not expect to miss any time because of the sore ankle. "It's just a little sore, you know how that go," he said. Durant smiled at a reporter before adding, "Or do you?"


As for the "two games in a row" part, Durant could have been referring to any or all of these plays against the Detroit Pistons on Tuesday:



Kyrie Irving objected to Milwaukee's style more generally.  


"They were playing pretty physical," Irving said. "I think they were a little reckless at times, just on ... a few of their fouls."


Irving added, "That's who they are." He declined, however, to discuss individual plays. 


"I'll leave it to people who are observing the game, but it was just recklessness," Irving said. "Just being in the way at times when it's just an easy play to avoid."


Irving injured his ankle in Game 4 of last year's second-round series against the Bucks when he landed on Antetokounmpo's foot. On Jan. 17, after a game in Cleveland, Irving brought up that play unprompted, saying, "I'm going up for a shot, and Giannis comers over, and his foot just happens to be in the way." 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Of How 'Fake Klay Thompson' Got Past The Warriors Security And Gets Shots On The Court

  The Golden State Warriors ended up winning Game 5 of the 2022 NBA Finals against the Boston Celtics and took a 3-2 lead in the series. It feels certain that the Dubs will win this series and win their fourth NBA Championship in the last eight years. While winning the finals will mean a lot for every player on the Dubs' roster, it will certainly mean more for Klay Thompson. Klay was sidelined due to injuries over the last two seasons and made a comeback this season. Finishing off the season with a ring will certainly be the cherry on top for him. Speaking of Klay Thompson, an incident took place around a certain lookalike of the Warriors' sharpshooter. We are sure you must remember the 'Fake Klay Thompson' who got famous a few years ago. Prior to Game 5 of the series, Fake Klay snuck into the Chase Center and got shots up before the matchup began. NBA fans found this hilarious, but it seems like the Warriors organization didn't. He was handed a lifetime ban from th...

Dennis Rodman Once Said He, Michael Jordan, And Scottie Pippen Could Lock Up LeBron James: "LeBron Is So Easy To Play. He’s So F**king Easy To Play. He Doesn’t Have Any Moves."

  If there is something that will never end it is the comparison between players from different eras. Even in that niche, most comparisons revolve around the legendary players from the Chicago Bulls. Yes, we are talking about the likes of Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Dennis Rodman. A perfect example of that was seen by fans back in a 2019 interview featuring Dennis Rodman. The Worm was asked about his thoughts on guarding none other than LeBron James. Rodman replied: (starts at 6:06) "You know who could lock up LeBron? Me, Mike, and Scottie could. F*ck yeah. I would have locked his a** up. LeBron is so easy to play. He’s so f*cking easy to play, he don’t have any moves. Only move he has is streak down the line. He ain’t got no moves. Where he going?? Where is he going that’s quick? That’ll be sh*t, you can stop that. Scottie Pippen would have shut his f*cking a** down quick before I get to him. His game is too simple, he’s just big. I’m 260 and 6’8” and 6’9”, that’s the onl...

Chris Paul blows fifth 2-0 series lead of career, an NBA record, and the legacy birds are going to be singing

  The Phoenix Suns were gutted by Luka Doncic and the Dallas Mavericks in Game 7 on Sunday, trailing by as many as 46 points in a 123-90 beating that somehow wasn't even as close as a 33-point margin would indicate. Chris Paul didn't make his first basket until the Suns were down by 40 at the 7:26 mark of the third quarter. He had one point at halftime. Finished with a completely useless 10 and a minus-39 for the game, the worst single-game point differential of his career.  I don't want to make this about Paul's legacy. The Suns didn't lose because of Paul, though he surely didn't do anything to help them win. He was one of the five best point guards to ever play before this game tipped, and no, one game didn't change that. Paul's late-career surge has been a masterful chapter in a Hall of Fame career, and many of the playoff collapses to which he's been connected have been, at least to a degree, a product of some of the cruelest injury luck imagina...