Skip to main content

Seth Curry Doesn’t Think Ben Simmons Needs to Apologize for 76ers Situation


 

Ben Simmons and Seth Curry were both recently traded from the 76ers to the Nets together. So, Curry has been there through all of this season’s Simmons drama.


There is a current debate around whether or not Simmons should apologize to the 76ers organization for leaving Philadelphia without really saying good-bye, or apologize for not playing this season due to mental health issues and some injuries. 


While Simmons’s exit from Philadelphia was relatively unceremonious after he didn’t play at all this season while dealing with his own mental health issues, Curry does not think that Simmons has to apologize to the 76ers, and he recently explained he reasoning to ESPN.


“Business is business,” Curry said. “I said from day [one], even when he was out early in the season, people were asking me if I feel like, if Ben comes back, should he apologize to us or whatever? I understand the business; he doesn’t need to apologize to anybody. When he’s on the court, I know he’s going to do his job and he’s going to do what he does. So I understand the business. He was doing what he felt was best for himself business-wise and personal-wise.”


Curry emphasized how his feelings have been strictly focused on basketball and not all the off-the-court drama surrounding Simmons.


“The team’s going to do the same thing as far as making trades or whatever, so I understand it, I’ve been around it; I don’t take anything personal,” Curry said. “When we’re on the court, we’re teammates. Everything’s fine. And we depend on each other to do good things. There’s been nothing negative he’s done to me personally, so I’m fine.”


Earlier this week, 76ers guard Danny Green spoke on his “Inside the Green Room” podcast about the sticky relationship Green and Curry had with Simmons. Curry dismissed the statements, saying that Simmons wasn’t around the players much this year for there to be a hostile environment between them.


“The relationship was fine,” Curry said. “He wasn’t around. So I don’t know what [Green] meant by that. ’Wasn’t cordial,’ I don’t know what that means, but the relationship was fine. [Simmons] just wasn’t around so we didn’t see him a lot or we didn't talk a lot. But as far as now, he’s on my [team]. I went to battle with him last year, we did a lot of good stuff and I’m going to go to war with who I’m going to go to war with and who’s on my team, so I’m looking forward to getting back out there with him and doing good stuff.”


Simmons has yet to make his first start with Brooklyn. The Nets play the 76ers on March 10.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Of How 'Fake Klay Thompson' Got Past The Warriors Security And Gets Shots On The Court

  The Golden State Warriors ended up winning Game 5 of the 2022 NBA Finals against the Boston Celtics and took a 3-2 lead in the series. It feels certain that the Dubs will win this series and win their fourth NBA Championship in the last eight years. While winning the finals will mean a lot for every player on the Dubs' roster, it will certainly mean more for Klay Thompson. Klay was sidelined due to injuries over the last two seasons and made a comeback this season. Finishing off the season with a ring will certainly be the cherry on top for him. Speaking of Klay Thompson, an incident took place around a certain lookalike of the Warriors' sharpshooter. We are sure you must remember the 'Fake Klay Thompson' who got famous a few years ago. Prior to Game 5 of the series, Fake Klay snuck into the Chase Center and got shots up before the matchup began. NBA fans found this hilarious, but it seems like the Warriors organization didn't. He was handed a lifetime ban from th...

Dennis Rodman Once Said He, Michael Jordan, And Scottie Pippen Could Lock Up LeBron James: "LeBron Is So Easy To Play. He’s So F**king Easy To Play. He Doesn’t Have Any Moves."

  If there is something that will never end it is the comparison between players from different eras. Even in that niche, most comparisons revolve around the legendary players from the Chicago Bulls. Yes, we are talking about the likes of Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Dennis Rodman. A perfect example of that was seen by fans back in a 2019 interview featuring Dennis Rodman. The Worm was asked about his thoughts on guarding none other than LeBron James. Rodman replied: (starts at 6:06) "You know who could lock up LeBron? Me, Mike, and Scottie could. F*ck yeah. I would have locked his a** up. LeBron is so easy to play. He’s so f*cking easy to play, he don’t have any moves. Only move he has is streak down the line. He ain’t got no moves. Where he going?? Where is he going that’s quick? That’ll be sh*t, you can stop that. Scottie Pippen would have shut his f*cking a** down quick before I get to him. His game is too simple, he’s just big. I’m 260 and 6’8” and 6’9”, that’s the onl...

Chris Paul blows fifth 2-0 series lead of career, an NBA record, and the legacy birds are going to be singing

  The Phoenix Suns were gutted by Luka Doncic and the Dallas Mavericks in Game 7 on Sunday, trailing by as many as 46 points in a 123-90 beating that somehow wasn't even as close as a 33-point margin would indicate. Chris Paul didn't make his first basket until the Suns were down by 40 at the 7:26 mark of the third quarter. He had one point at halftime. Finished with a completely useless 10 and a minus-39 for the game, the worst single-game point differential of his career.  I don't want to make this about Paul's legacy. The Suns didn't lose because of Paul, though he surely didn't do anything to help them win. He was one of the five best point guards to ever play before this game tipped, and no, one game didn't change that. Paul's late-career surge has been a masterful chapter in a Hall of Fame career, and many of the playoff collapses to which he's been connected have been, at least to a degree, a product of some of the cruelest injury luck imagina...